Looking for a firework art idea that’s easy enough for your young child to get on board with? I’ll show you how I made a beautiful firework handprint art craft with my 3 year old’s hand for Bonfire Night.
Really, you can create this firework handprint art craft at any special event. For example, you could use this as a new year handprint craft and write a message to say “hello 2023” on the paper. Or you could create this art with the focus of giving your child a sensory painting activity at any time of the year.
To create this firework art, you will need:
- Paper or cardstock
- Finger paint
- A paintbrush
- PVA glue
- Glitter pots and sequins
- Tissue paper to give it a 3D look (optional). It’s better using tissue paper on cardstock as it can make your paper feel heavy.
How to create this firework handprint art
- Lay a piece of paper down on your worktable. Roll up your child’s sleeves and paint their hand with your preferred choice of colour paint. Avoid using dark colours if you wish to paint the background to look like the night sky afterwards.
- Print your child’s hand round in a circle keeping their palm in the middle of the circle to make it look like a firework (like the image below). It will look more like a firework once you add the glitter and sequins.
- If you want to create another firework, just repeat the process on a different part of the page.
- Wash the paintbrush after you have finished painting (you will need this to spread the PVA glue on the page) and let the paint dry.
- Once dry, you can then start decorating the fireworks. Firstly, you will need to thinly spread the PVA glue on the fireworks using the paintbrush. Then start gluing sequins, glitter and tissue paper (if you’re using any) – you can let your child join in with this too.
- If you’d like to, you can add glitter or paint in the background to make it look like a night sky with stars.
Now let the paper dry and that’s your firework handprint art created. You can frame it or save it somewhere safe with all your other child’s masterpieces.
You may also like:
Please share this post with any other’s who you think may also enjoy this beautiful firework handprint art craft.