If you are a mum who is breastfeeding or pumping and you want to boost your milk supply then try these yummy lactation brownies (without brewers yeast) and see the results.
The reason why this recipe works so well with increasing milk supply is because of the ingredients which include wholemeal flour, rolled oats, coconut oil and ground flaxseed. These are 4 fantastic ingredients for lactation brownies.
This recipe should produce 14-16 individual brownies (depending on how big you cut the portions). When they are finished, you can simply store them in a tight container on your kitchen top. Do not put the brownies in the fridge as this will dry them out.
Related Post: Expressing Milk From Birth To 10+ Months
Ingredients you will need for these lactation brownies:
- 5oz of plain wholemeal baking flour
- 5oz of plain flour
- 20oz granulated brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 10oz rolled oats
- 10oz coconut oil
- 10oz cocoa powder
- 2.5oz Ground flaxseed soaked in 2.5oz warm water
- 10oz plain chocolate chips
- 1 level teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Here is how to make lactation brownies:
- Begin by soaking the ground flaxseed in warm water for 10 minutes. Pre-heat the oven to 175 C or 350 F.
- Mix the sugar, cocoa powder and coconut oil together in a bowl then add the flaxseed that has been soaked in warm water and stir the mixture. Next, add the eggs and stir.
- Add both types of flour and the salt then stir well.
- Next, add the plain chocolate chips, rolled oats and vanilla extract. Fold the mixture, making sure the ingredients are well blended together (as shown in the image below).
- Take a 12×8 inch baking pan greased with butter and add the mixture, making sure that it’s spread evenly in the pan.
- Bake the brownies in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Check that the brownies are done by inserting a knife in the middle of the mixture – the knife should contain some crumbs but it should not look wet.
- When the brownies have finished baking, allow them to cool before cutting into portions. Once they are cooled, cut them, serve and enjoy!
Related Post: How To Increase Milk Supply If Exclusively Pumping
I hope you enjoy these lactation brownies as much as I have and let me know if they have worked for increasing your milk supply.