Here I explain how to make playdough with a very simple playdough recipe using just 3 common household ingredients, plus water (and glitter if you choose to add this).
This homemade playdough recipe requires no cooking and no cream of tartar. This is a really easy playdough recipe compared with many others, as it can be made at home in just a few minutes.
homemade playdough ingredients:
- 1 cup of plain flour
- Half a cup of salt
- Half a cup of cold water
- Food colouring of your choice
- Glitter (optional)
Here is how to make playdough (in just a few minutes)
- Mix one cup of flour and half a cup of salt together in a bowl.
- Slowly stir in half a cup of cold water and mix them together (you can add more flour if the mixture is too wet or more water if it’s too dry).
- Once the mixture is thoroughly mixed together then knead it with your hands and make it into several balls.
- Now you can add food colouring and glitter if you choose to. Just make sure that your child doesn’t consume the playdough because of the high salt content.
When your child is done playing with the playdough, store it in a tight container and it will last you several weeks.
If your little one enjoys creating things with playdough, they’re going to love these 10 free nature printable playdough mats that can help them to learn numbers and counting.
You may also like: